Therapy from Revolution Rehabilitation: Physical Therapy in Colorado Springs
One of our most versatile forms of therapy at Revolution rehabilitation’s physical therapy in Colorado Springs is physiotherapy. It is a multi-faceted approach to tackling physical problems related to any number of issues arising from injury, illness, or disability. They are none-surgical, so they involve considerably less recovery time and care.
Physiotherapy can be applied to issues with any system of the body, including:
- Cardiovascular (chronic heart disease, rehabilitation after heart attack)
- Neurological (stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s)
- Neuromusculoskeletal (back pain, whiplash associated disorder, sports injuries, arthritis)
- Respiratory (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis)
Physiotherapy can be utilized by people of all ages, and helps to aid in recovery, pain management, and guard against re-injury. With body movement at the heart of this form of therapy, physiotherapy also serves to educate and push clients to learn more about living with a disability and teach them the value of constant care and maintenance of their bodies.
A few examples of the work of physiotherapists includes:
- Soft tissue movement and massaging
- Exercise programs for mobility and muscle strengthening
- Joint manipulation and mobilization, reducing pain and stiffness
- Muscle re-education to improve control
- Airway clearance techniques and exercises for better breathing
- Assistance with the use of aids, crutches, walking sticks, and wheelchairs
Physiotherapists, practitioners of physical therapy, are experts in the movement and capabilities of the human body, and in Colorado Springs are university graduates who have been accredited by the Physiotherapists Registration Board. They work in a wide variety of settings: sports clubs, private health care, public hospitals, palliative care, and community centres.
If you need physical therapy, contact Revolution Rehabilitation today. For more information visit http://revrehab.com/.