Should You Hire a Geneva IL DUI Attorney? Yes!
When you’re arrested for a DUI, you’re going to want to post bail as soon as possible so you can be released from jail until your hearing. Once you are released, it’s imperative that you speak with a Geneva IL DUI Attorney. If you try to represent yourself to save money, you may end up losing more in the long run than if you had proper representation.
Some of the difference between hiring or not hiring a DUI lawyer may be:
When You Don’t Hire a Lawyer
1. You have a very slim chance of having the charges dropped.
2. It is very unlikely you will be found not guilty.
3. You may end up with jail time, fines, and other sentences stacked together.
4. You may end up with the longest sentences possible.
5. You may end up losing your driver’s license and having no way to get to work and back.
When You Hire a Lawyer
1. The lawyer may be able to argue that being pulled over, the field sobriety test, the breathalyzer, or the arrest was done incorrectly and, therefor, is unlawful. This will mean your charges are dropped altogether.
2. If your charges are not dropped, they may be able to have you found guilty.
3. If you are found guilty, they can argue that you should have fines and community service instead of jail time.
4. Your lawyer can insist that you have the minimum sentences to allow you to continue working.
5. They may be able to get a hardship license for you so that you can drive, with restrictions, so that you can easily get to work and back.
If you’ve been arrested for a DUI, don’t waste time in hiring a Geneva IL DUI Attorney. There are many different ways an attorney can help you, and if they are able to get your charges dropped or get you the minimum sentence, you won’t have to worry about losing your job. In the long run, losing your job can be more expensive than the cost of a lawyer. If you need help finding a lawyer, you can check out the Fan Page for various lawyers to see what their prior clients say.