Interesting Asphalt Facts and Information About Asphalt Paving in Columbus
You drive on it and walk across it every day without even giving it a second thought. Unless, of course, it is damaged, cracked and potholed. It is Asphalt Paving in Columbus and it is one of the products which keeps industry moving and cars gliding peacefully across parking lots and streets. Here is a little more information about asphalt that you may not know.
* It is an approved product by the Environmental Protection Agency.
* Asphalt is used as a liner in hazardous waste landfills.
* It is used around the world to prevent soil erosion and protect drinking water supplies.
* Asphalt has been shown to reduce traffic noise by as much as 3 to 10 decibels when compared to other surfacing materials.
* Asphalt is one of the most recycled products in the United States. Approximately 95 percent of the 100 million tons of pavement that are reclaimed each year is recycled. This saves Americans as much as $300 million every year.
* Despite the fact that production has increased by 250 percent, the asphalt industry has reduced its emissions below its 1970 emission level.
* Almost 94 percent of all roads in the United States are surfaced with asphalt.
* The asphalt industry employs as many as 330,000 people in the United States.
* Asphalt has been used for roadways for over 2,000 years. The Babylonians were the first known the use the product in 625 B.C.
Parking lots with asphalt paving in Columbus will last longer and be more affordable if you have them installed and maintained correctly. Hire a qualified company to install the concrete so you will know you are getting a good product. Have the asphalt seal coated after installation and make certain at least two coats are applied. Have the coating redone every couple of years, be certain to also have any cracks filled in as soon as possible, to avoid them from becoming potholes.
Asphalt will protect your property and make your parking lots and pathways safer for all of your customers. If your lot is in need of repair or you are ready to get your first application of blacktop, contact someone today for an estimate.