Getting an Emergency Dentist to Assist You
Nearly every dental condition gets handled normally. This means, you have sufficient time to book an appointment or visit the dentist. However, that does not rule out the possibility of emergencies. There are instances when you need to see an emergency dentist. You could be involved in an accident and get injuries that require you to undergo surgery at the earliest. On the other hand, a buildup of pain could result in a massive toothache that cannot wait. An emergency arises when one is in severe pain as a result of decay or infection – a tooth gets knocked out, breaks or suffers a crack.
It is important that you keep contacts for emergency dentist North Attleboro MA providers. Here’s what to do in case you are caught up in a dental emergency:
* Toothache: If you have a swollen mouth, take some ice-cubes and wrap them in a clean piece of clothing such as a handkerchief. Place it on your cheek and compress slightly. In case there is no swelling, warm some water and use it to rinse your mouth. Remove particles of food with a dental floss. Do not put painkillers on the tooth that is aching. This can destroy the tissues around your gums. Call an emergency dentist immediately.
* Knocked-out tooth: Pick the tooth carefully by holding it from the top. Clean it by rinsing in clean water. If you can, try putting it back. Ensure that you have aligned the tooth properly. Don’t force it. If that does not work, immerse the knocked-out tooth in a container then add some milk. You can also use salt water just in case you don’t have milk. Make arrangements to see your doctor as quickly as possible.
* Broken or cracked teeth: See if you can salvage the pieces. Rinse them as well as your mouth. In case you are bleeding, apply gauze on the affected area to stop the bleeding. You could also use ice cubes to compress on your cheek or close to the cracked tooth. This helps in preventing swelling as well as relieving pain. Let someone assist you in calling emergency dentist North Attleboro MA numbers or your family dentist.
* Lost crowns: There is always a likelihood of a crown falling off particularly if you are fond of chewing hard objects. An emergency dentist can restore a lost crown if you take quick action. Before you get to the clinic, apply clove oil on the area. Try to restore the crown whenever you can. If you are not sure how, wait until you get to the dentist.
* Emergency dentist: Always call your dentist whenever you find yourself in the above or other situations that cause you severe pain or panic.
Getting an Emergencies dentist in North Attleboro MA should not be a challenge as majority of dentists provide for such unexpected cases. Obtain their details from a directory or visit for further assistance to Atwill-Conroy Dental.