How to design the Perfect Laundry Room
When you are remodelling your home many people overlook the laundry area. Having a well designed laundry room can make a world of difference offering a convenient space that makes managing the laundry less of a chore. Here are some tips to help you design the perfect laundry room:
1. Hanging Bars and Drying Racks: If you tend to wear a lot of clothing that requires hang drying you can install a simple bar on which to hang clothing directly in the laundry room. This is an easy accessory that does not cost a lot of money and that will save you the hassle of looking for a place to hang clothes elsewhere in the home. As well, many sweaters must be laid out to dry. Drying racks are ideal and can be installed as a fold down feature you can pull down when needed.
2. Counter Space: Many modern washing machines Milton Keynes families purchase are front loaders. This means you can take advantage of the space above the washing machine and install handy counter space. If you have storage drawers beneath your washer/dryer this area might be higher than is comfortable for folding clothes. It still makes an excellent spot to place laundry baskets or stack clothes as you are sorting and working.
3. Folding Station: A folding station can be made in a number of ways. You can have a fold down option that can be pulled down when you need it, install countertops as mentioned above or even have a work station such as a desk or table top. This makes it easy to fold clothes right in the laundry room to avoid wrinkles.
4. Storage: The laundry room is the perfect place for storage. Cabinetry above washing machines in Milton Keynes homes is a simple option any laundry room can accommodate no matter how small. You can then store away your laundry cleaning supplies, iron and any other items you wish, including all of your household cleaners to keep them out of reach of children. You can also design storage space beneath your utility sink as well as have some wardrobe height cupboards to store and hang clothes.
5. Ironing Station: If space allows you can also design an ironing station. A fold down ironing board works a charm in the laundry room making it easy to care for shirts and slacks as required, hang them on your handy rods and then transport everything up to bedrooms ready to wear.
These design tips will help provide you with the perfect laundry room with all the modern conveniences.
Searching for the right washing machine pays off – Joe Graham & Son Ltd are an excellent company offering many fantastic washing machines in St. Albans. Get in touch with them for best deals!