Can Veneers in Daytona Beach, FL Benefit You?
Porcelain veneers can be an excellent method in achieving an aesthetic change in your smile. Unlike crowns which cover the entire tooth, Veneers in Daytona Beach, FL cover only the visible part, and are as thin as a contact lens. They can be a permanent cosmetic solution for broken, discolored or slightly misaligned teeth. With proper care, veneers should greatly improve your appearance, increasing your interaction with others.
When do dentists recommend the use of porcelain veneers?
* If the shape of a tooth is not correct (if it is broken, worn, if your anatomy is inadequate, etc.).
* If the tooth has a major change in coloration.
* To correct minor dental mal-positions.
* To close gaps between teeth.
What are the advantages of porcelain veneers over other types of techniques?
* Porcelain veneers are translucent tooth enamel, even mimicking the natural appearance of teeth. For this reason, a porcelain veneer is bonded to the tooth structure, and is very similar to that of a natural tooth.
* They are less susceptible to pigments.
* Veneers can maintain surface brightness over time.
Placing veneers is based on adhesive technology. With the development of new materials, the accession of porcelain is very thin when it comes to thickness. However, the tooth is always assured good hygiene and health due to the durability of the veneer. Even though porcelain is essentially brittle, when it is firmly attached to the tooth structure, it is highly durable.
In which cases should the use of porcelain veneers not be recommended?
Case selection is a very important factor, and is linked to the success of this technique. Porcelain Veneers in Daytona Beach, FL cannot be used in all patients. For example:
* If the patient’s oral hygiene is not correct.
* If the amount of healthy tooth tissue is less than the amount of missing tooth.
* If the amount of tooth structure is not strong enough to hold a porcelain veneer.
* If the patient needs to correct a severe malocclusion.
If you find that porcelain veneers are not appropriate for your specific situation, dentists can suggest other treatment options that may provide the aesthetic change you are seeking. For more information on veneers and other cosmetic dental procedures, contact Beville Dental Care today.