Beautify Your Backyard With A Unique Deck
Long gone are the days when decks were square appendages hanging off the back of your house. Now they are extensions of your home, complete with outdoor kitchens and dining areas. You can have built in seating, flower beds on or in them; you can even complete it with a fire pit or outdoor shower. If you can see it in your mind and describe it, it can in all likelihood be built. Many people have custom decks in San Antonio and they look simply gorgeous bursting with flowers in beds.
What You Need to Know from a Potential Contractor
- How long have you been in the business?
- Are you insured and what is the name of your insurer?
- Do you belong to any professional associations?
- Do you have references and do you mind me contacting them?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- How long do you estimate it will take to finish the job?
- What deck materials do you prefer to work with?
- How soon can you start working?
- Will there be somebody supervising the project?
When Talking to References, Ask Them
- Was the project done on time?
- Would you recommend this contractor?
- Were you happy with the look and feel of your deck?
- Did it come in under budget or were there unexpected costs?
How to Get the Most out of Your Deck
First, it is vitally important that your deck is built correctly to avoid any accidents or potential injuries. When you are planning your deck and before you speak to a contractor, you need to know what you want. Do you want one or two tiers, a set of stairs, a decorative railing, what do you want it built out of and how much are you intending to spend?
Shaw Company Remodeling has been in the business for over 20 years and we have a great reputation for remodeling backyard areas into peaceful spaces where you can enjoy sun filled days and relaxing evenings. For more details visit us at www.shawcoremodeling.com.