A Bail bond in Mason City Iowa Can Get You Out Of Jail Fast

When a person has been arrested and charged with a crime they need to know that there is a way for them to get out of jail. It can be difficult trying to figure out how to come up with bail, especially when an extremely high amount has been set. They need to know that help is available for them through a Bail bond in Mason City Iowa.

Prior to the creation of the bail bond system, people who had been arrested had to stay in jail if they could not afford to post bail. However, bail bonds now allow for the posting of bail even when the full cash amount is not readily available. In many cases, bail can even be arranged over the phone.

In order to post bail, a person will need to have about 10% of the total bail amount in cash. This can be several thousand dollars, depending on the crime that has been committed, the arrest record, and whether the person poses a flight risk or is a danger to others. The remaining 90% of the bail can be provided in the form of real or personal property. That property will be held by the bail bondsman as collateral.

Once bail has been provided, the bail bondsman will notify the courts and the person posting bail will be allowed to leave police custody. There are rules that the person will be required to follow. In most cases, the person will be ordered to stay in town, stay out of trouble, and attend all scheduled court hearings. It is vitally important that all of those rules be followed. Failure to follow those rules may require the judge to revoke bail. When bail is revoked, the person must return to police custody. They will also forfeit their bail. This means that they will lose everything that they provided to the bail bondsman, including all cash and property. Bail bond in Mason City Iowa will allow people charged with crimes the opportunity to leave police custody and take care of important matters while they await trial.

1 person likes this post.

Share

    You may also like...