What to Look for in your Walk in Freezers
Operating a successful restaurant means keeping a large stock of food items and condiments on hand at all times. In many cases, this also requires that a good portion of your inventory be kept at cold temperatures, if not completely frozen. This can be a challenge if you are moving your restaurant into a facility that may not be completely prepared for use as a food services establishment.
Among the many pieces of specialized equipment you will need to obtain and install in your new facility should be walk in freezers and refrigeration units. Depending on your exacts needs and desires, these walk in freezers can come in a variety of shapes and sizes with different accessories and options. Before purchasing just any freezer, ask yourself some of the following questions:
- What are my capacity requirements?
- How much food do you need to keep frozen on a regular basis? It is important to obtain a freezer that not only meets these requirements, but also allows for ample room to move about freely, even when filled to capacity.
- Will my freezer be visible to the customers?
- In most cases, the ideal situation is to keep the freezer out of the view of patrons. Sometimes that’s just not possible however, or some owners like to take a different approach to the design of their restaurant. If your freezer is going to be visible, consider having one with an attractive exterior installed.
- What kind of security requirements am I facing?
- In some cases, protecting your inventory may be as simple as making sure that your building can be properly secured when you’re not there. Other times though, it may be necessary to consider adding an additional layer of security by allowing for your freezer doors to be locked and secured. It may even be possible to restrict access to specific staff members.
Regardless of what your specific needs may be, chances are that there is an option out there that will fit your requirements. If not, it is always possible to have a walk in freezer custom built. Whatever your situation and needs may be, there is almost certainly a local solution available to you. Contact Turn Key Systems for more information.