The Pros and Cons of Room Addition in Alexandria, VA
When you bought your home, you intended to have the normal two kids, dog in the backyard, and a white picket fence surrounding it all; however, Mother Nature had other plans. You are now expecting your fourth addition to the family and realize that the home you love is just not big enough to house them all. Now you must decide whether to buy a new home and leave the home you love or add a Room Addition in Alexandria VA on instead.
Below you will find some pros and cons of adding on a Room Addition in Alexandria VA to help you make up your mind.
The Pros of a Room Addition
1. If your room is built on correctly, it can add a ton of value to the home. This way if you ever decide that you want to sell the home and move up to a bigger house, you can expect to get more money for it on the open market.
2. Of course, anyone knows that adding a room on to your existing home is a whole lot cheaper than going out and buying a new house. Besides, you love the home that you live in now, so why sell it.
3. With adding a room on, you can get as creative as your budget will allow and have the most amazing nursery on the block.
The Cons of a Room Addition
1. You do run the risk of over improving your home when you add on. If your home becomes too expensive for the neighborhood that surrounds it, then you will have a problem selling if you ever decide too.
2. You need to realize that nothing dampens the enthusiasm of adding on a room like the mess, the noise, and the stress that comes along with it.
These are just a few of the pros and cons that you will want to consider when deciding whether to add on a room or just buy a new home. You can visit ABC Design and Build to help you make that decision as well. The choice is yours and you can do whatever your budget allows.