Signs You Need Roof Replacement in Silverdale, WA
As a homeowner, you are responsible for all aspects of your home. This includes ensuring that your roof is in good repair. Regular inspections will help you discover if you need Roof Replacement in Silverdale WA. Some of the things to look for are highlighted here.
Checking the Roof from Inside
One of the best ways that you can tell you need a new roof is by getting into the attic. Once you are in the attic, you should look for the following:
* Light shining in from outside. This is the easiest issue to discover, even if you do not have a flashlight.
* Sagging spots in the roof. If there is a sag present, then this is a definite sign that you are in need of a new roof.
* Dark trails and spots. These are typically an indication that moisture has penetrated your roof and likely causing mold to develop.
* Water damage or leaks. If there is a leak then this is an obvious issue that water damage has occurred.
Checking the Roof from the Outside
Another way that you can discover that you may need Roof Replacement in Silverdale WA, is to take a trip to the top of your roof. When there, you should look for the following:
* Damage: Major damage to the roofing materials should be somewhat easy to see. Warped, cracked or split shingles are the most evident signs that damage is present.
* Moisture issues: Moisture or mold issues are serious and ones that should not be ignored.
* Shingle granules: As shingles age, they will start to shed their granules.
* Wear and tear: As time passes, the roofing materials around vents and chimneys can cause issues.
Being aware of issues with your roof will help you determine if you need to have your roof repaired or replaced. You should never ignore a problem since it will only become worse as time passes. Additionally, if you do not have an issue addressed in a timely manner, then it may result in much more expensive repairs being necessary. Keeping this in mind will help you inspect your roof regularly.