Do’s and Don’ts of Business Card Printing
Due to the advances in modern technology and small businesses in all industries turning to social media for their marketing, it is becoming more and more common for the business card to be overlooked completely. However, the business card remains one of the most powerful and recognized types of marketing and branding materials that are currently available and a vital component of any marketing strategy.
When you have a business card that features a well thought out design, it can be a key player in acquiring new clients, as well as the entire sales process. In a number of situations, one of the first interactions that a customer will have with your business or brand will be the business card that you designed. Essentially, this becomes the “face” of your company.
If you were to look at your existing business card, what is the message that you are actually conveying?
When you are working to create a business card that portrays your message clearly, that will encourage positive response and provide your customers with a long-lasting impression, there are a number of things you should understand, in addition to a number of other elements that should be avoided completely.
Business Card Design Do’s
When you begin to correspond with an Orange County printing company there are a number of things that you should ensure are integrated into your business card design, which include:
- A consistent branding message. The card that is created needs to use the same colors and general design as your website and the other marketing items that you have already created.
- Design a unique card that helps you to stand out from your competition.
- Carefully consider the fonts that are used. The professionals suggest using straightforward, simple fonts that will make the information on the card easy to read.
- Use a tone that matches your particular niche.
- Create contrast and balance.
Business Card Design Don’ts
While there are certain things that need to be done, there are also a number of things that you need to avoid, which include:
- Using cheap paper.
- Trying to place too much text on the card.
- Creating a logo from clipart.
- Using inaccurate information.
- Using a number of different fonts.
- Not including social media links for your business.
You should carefully consider the business card design. In many cases, this will be the first impression that a potential customer receives of what you have to offer.