Craniosacral Massage in Lexington KY: Types Of Massage And Their Remarkable Benefits
All types of massages have one main agenda, pampering you, helping you relax and revitalizing your body. If you have never considered going for massages, you are be doing your body a great injustice. There is no reason you should not opt for a luxurious and rejuvenating experience with startling benefits to relaxing your mind, body, and spirit. Craniosacral Massage in Lexington KY is one of the new popular treatments for spinal pain. Here are a few things you need to know about massages in general.
Benefits of massage therapy
1. Relieves lower back pain
2. Alleviates the dependence on pain medication by releasing endorphins (natural pain killers of the body) to ease pain
3. Improves the immune system by stimulating proper flow of circulation. It does this by assisting in pumping of nutrients throughout the body
4. Reduces anxiety and depression
5. Lessens scar tissue and stretch marks by promoting regeneration of body tissue
6. Reduces stress, migraines, anxiety and depression
7. Reduces swellings and adhesions after surgeries
Different types of massage
1. Craniosacral Massage – This is light massage therapy whose aim is to make you relax and to allow your body make its own adjustments. The massage technique is not aimed towards treating a particular ailment, but is rather geared towards general wellness. It is said to be very effective in dealing with migraines, chronic neck and back pain, autism, stress and tension related disorders, nervous system disorders and many other problems.
2. Hot stone massage – Basalt, black volcanic rocks known for their absorbing and heat retention properties, are sanitized and heated in a bath of water boiling at 120-150 degrees. The body is first warmed up then the massage therapist takes the smooth, heated stones and places them on your back while lying face down. The stones are usually placed in different sizes depending on the size of the muscle. It is believed that if the stones are placed in a spiral pattern, it helps maintain their electric charge and improve the flow of energy in the body.
Those are a few massage therapy types and their benefits. Visit the website to book an appointment for the Craniosacral Massage in Lexington KY.