Common Questions about Dentures in La Grange, KY
Dentures are a type of artificial substitute for a person’s natural teeth and any issues they may have had with them. There are a number of different types of Dentures in La Grange KY, which range from a total set that will replace all of the teeth to partial dentures that are designed for the replacement of just a few missing teeth. Learn more about dentures and how they can be beneficial here.
Primary Benefits of Dentures
There are several different advantages offered when you have replacement teeth in comparison to either leaving your teeth missing or leaving the decay.
* Dentures can help to keep your facial muscles from starting to sag, which can make you appear older.
* You will be able to speak and eat with ease, which is something that many people take for granted until they start to lose their teeth.
* You will be able to smile with confidence.
What are the Differences in Dentures?
Not all Dentures in La Grange KY, are created equally. Additionally, if you do not maintain good oral health, you may have issues with the dentures that you receive. There are some dentists that will simply sell an off of the shelf product or a denture that is not as customized as it should be. If you wear dentures that do not fit properly, they can cause chronic irritation, which can cause painful mouth sores or changes in the gum tissues and bone.
Different Types of Dentures
There are four primary types of dentures for you to consider:
* Complete dentures: These replace all your teeth.
* Immediate dentures: These are placed directly after a tooth removal to help the tissue and bone to stabilize.
* Over dentures: Similar to complete dentures, but you will typically have a few natural teeth for support.
* Partial dentures: These will correct any gaps in your smile.
For more information about dentures and to find out if you could benefit from them, contact Crestwood Dental Group. They will be able to provide you with the information you need to help you get the smile you want. Your oral health is important, so call today for an appointment.