Choosing the Right Obesity Surgery in Hartford

If you are overweight and have struggled with various types of weight loss with no success, it might be time to learn more about obesity surgery in Hartford. There are a variety of surgeries available, each with their own benefits. Some procedures are permanent, while others are reversible. The main goal of any type of obesity surgery is to partition the stomach so only a portion of it can take food in. Since every person has their own desires for weight loss, as well as limitations regarding what they can handle, learning the various benefits of each type of surgery will help you make an informed decision.

Laparoscopic Roux-en-y Gastric Bypass

This surgical procedure is permanent. The permanent isolation of a portion of your stomach is then re-routed to your small intestine. The size of the isolation typically allows only one ounce of food into the stomach at any given time. This allows patients to become full after taking a few bites of their meal. The overall benefit is for patients to eat less, feel full and eventually begin losing weight.

Lap-Band

The Lap-Band restricts your stomach from accepting more than the allotted amount of food. Your small intestine is left alone in this surgery. Only the top part of your stomach is fitted with the band. The band is meant to decrease the amount of food you eat, as well as slow down the rate at which the food reaches the lower portion of your stomach. The restriction of calories in combination with exercise will help you lose weight. As time goes on, you can have your band tightened to further restrict the amount you can eat.

Laparoscopic Vertical Band Gastroplasty

In this surgical procedure, the top portion of the stomach is stapled and isolated from the rest of the stomach. This one ounce pouch is fitted with a mesh bag to slow down the rate at which food empties, keeping you fuller longer. There are no changes to your small intestine, and exercise is recommended in

combination with the restricted calories to lose the desired weight.

Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastroectomy

This permanent obesity surgery in Hartford cannot be reversed. It involves vertically stapling the stomach, keeping only 15 percent of the stomach, while the other 85 percent is permanently removed. The stomach can only handle one to five ounces of food after this surgery, restricting calories, while feeling full at the same time. The small intestine is left alone in this surgery as well.

For more information on which type of obesity surgery in Hartford- is right for you, consult with the experts at Elmer Valin General, Laparoscopic & Bariatric Surgery by visiting them online or by calling them at 203-867-5508.

Be the first to like.

Share

    You may also like...